Sunday, July 1, 2012

Let it Rain

Saturday, May 26, 2011 10:35 AM:

"I am sitting on a plane in Brussels, Belgium. We are preparing for our 8 hour flight to Kigali. I am listening to "Let it Rain" by Michael W. Smith. I am praying for His strength. I feel so inadquate and like I have nothing to give. I cannot do this without His supernatural strength. I fear having to speak in church. What on earth could I say that would bless or help anyone? Lord, help me. I just want to cry. I feel like I'm supposed to be here, but I can't help but ask why. I can't see how God is possibly going to use me this year. I'm in such a different place this year. There is something very raw about this place I'm in. I feel exposed, wounded, and unworthy. I'm very quiet; more than usual. I'm a bit fearful and uncomfortable. I pray that He would do a great work in and through me."


Watch the wonderful video of "Let it Rain" below. It gets really good about half way through! It gives me goosebumps and brings me to tears almost every time I hear it.


When I wrote this journal entry, I couldn't even begin to see what God would do in Rwanda. I listened to the beautiful song above and tearfully prayed that He would pour out His spirit, truth, and love upon the people of Rwanda. I prayed that He would give me the strength to answer His call and do His will. He heard and answered my prayers... He did exceedingly and abundantly beyond what I prayed for and could have imagined...

No comments:

Post a Comment