Saturday, April 9, 2011

Moses

What a blessed week this has been. God has been better to me than I deserve. So much better than I deserve! Thursday evening I got on Facebook to see the latest posts. I saw a post that really blessed me. It was a post by Gracie. This is what it said: “God is blessing us with a 6 month old baby named Moses. (Moises in Spanish) This is a very special case. He is in IHNFA and nobody wants him because he is dying of cancer. We do not know how much time we will have with him before he goes home to the Lord. But each minute he is going to be loved outrageously. Will report when he comes. Has to have one more test first.”
My response was, “Amen, Gracie! Love Love Love! That's what it's all about!” Within two minutes, Gracie called from Honduras. She was/is so excited about this precious baby boy; as am I. I so wish I could be in Honduras to be a part of this gift from God. She explained to me how no one wants this baby. IHNFA has tried to find a home for this baby. They have tried Honduras families, American families in Honduras, etc. No one wants him because he is an inoperable tumor and is dying. Gracie has been told that this 6 month old sits alone all day in IHNFA without receiving any attention or love. When Gracie’s friends heard about him they immediately sought to find placement for him. Apparently this precious little guy is very responsive when he receives attention. Below are some photos that Gracie emailed me this morning.
Part of what really blessed me is when Gracie asked Cindy and Karla about what they thought about bringing Moses to the mission. The mission is meant to be a place for girls and their babies, not just babies. Both girls agreed though that Jesus had rescued them and brought them there. Jesus had rescued them and loved them. They had to help do the same for little Moses. What a blessing!
Gracie is going to Tegucigalpa Monday morning to see Moses. They will do some paperwork and hopefully be able to bring him home to the mission next week. We have no idea how long he will live, but it doesn’t ultimately matter. He is in God’s hands and he is a blessing. Until he goes home to the Lord, he is going to be cared for and loved tremendously. Oh, how I wish I could be there!  Please keep, Gracie, Lee, Cindy, Karla, Alejandro, and baby Moses in your prayers. 
 
John 15:12 says, “This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.” I think taking this precious baby is a perfect example of keeping this commandment! So often, people don’t want babies that aren’t healthy or “perfect”. It’s so sad. Praise God that His love isn’t like that! His love is perfect and unfailing. He sees past our physical appearance and our disabilities. He is our encourager. He is our strength and our hope. Praise God for His unfailing love!

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:16-18

4 comments:

  1. When I saw these pictures on Gracie's facebook- I was like- WHERE DID SHE GET THESE? I'm sitting here waiting to go with her to go to IHNFA now, today- and she's never met him. HAH- GOD IS BIG!
    Thanks, I laugh as i ask for prayer as I realize that we are all on the path that God prepared for this little one before we knew anything about him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good. And I am so happy that Moises has a home on earth for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY TOO IT BREAKS MY HEART TO SEE HIM !!
    GOD KNOWS WHAT IS PERFECT FOR US ,HE HAS CHOOSEN THE RIGHT PEOPLE FOR HIM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, thanks for posting!! I am so excited about God putting Moses with Gracie. I have been praying for several months for him to be in a loving family!!! God is SO GOOD!!!! Little did know we would all be part of this little ones life. So excited!

    ReplyDelete