Thursday, April 7, 2011

Speak Boldly!

I've had something on my heart the past few days that I want to share it.. I ran across Ephesians 6:19 over the weekend and it really convicted my heart. The scripture says, "And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel".
That word boldly really caught my attention, so I looked it up in the concordance. It comes from the Greek word parrhēsia. It means to have confidence, be out-spoken, to be able to speak publically, freely, openly, and plainly. I think we all know that I'm not out-spoken and that speaking boldly is not in my repertoire!

I suppose it sounds dumb, but I want to be able to speak boldly. I've always shied away from speaking on the phone simply because I falter when I speak. I am not well- versed at all, and I know it. Even in person, I get extremely nervous speaking. I get nervous just talking to friends and family. I will think one thing and say another. Half the time, I'll go back and apologize and say what I really meant to say. I know that sounds silly. Usually my brain has half a dozen things going on at once, and what comes out of my mouth just isn't what I had hoped for, lol; especially when it comes to any sort of public speaking!

Here is where my heart is really at though. I desire to be able to speak boldly for Christ! I want to be able to open up my Bible or an evangecube in Rwanda and talk about the saving grace of God. I want to be ready and willing at any given moment to share what God has done for me and my life (at any time and in any place). I want to be prepared. I want to be ready, so when the spirit moves my mouth will open, and I will boldly speak for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment