Sunday, June 17, 2012

Be Transformed!

People have asked me about my trip to Rwanda. I’ve been trying to find words for it: Amazing, wonderful, awing, inspiring, joyful, humbling, and incredible. Those don’t even begin to touch it... There was singing, dancing, praying, praising healing, worshipping, lots of walking, more praying, more praising, more singing, more dancing, etc. : ) I can’t find enough words, but I think this scripture just about sums it up:
“Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all” (1 Chronicles 29:11).

I can only thank God for the beautiful country called Rwanda and the amazing people there. I am humbled and blessed on each campaign to work with such amazing leadership, ministry partners, and pastors. Each trip challenges and stretches me to grow in a new way. I’m so grateful for the opportunities. I’m praying about going back with e3 in September and humbly ask that you would join me in prayer about that.

I’m so grateful that in the summer of 2010, God began stirring in my heart that it wasn’t just other people that were called to, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:18). God meant that for me, too. He began to stir something inside of my spirit that I haven’t been able to stop or turn off since that time. The only thing that eases the constant stirring in my heart and life is to obey His word to “GO”. When I realized I was called to go and went for the first time, I was forever changed. Now I want to go, go, go, go, go. : )

I was so blessed to hear some younger people that I traveled with our last week in Rwanda talk about coming back to the U.S. and trying to get back to “normal”. I’ve not only warned them that they may never find “normal” again, but I’ve earnestly prayed that neither I nor they ever settle for what is deemed normal again. My prayer for them and myself is one of my favorite scriptures: “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God" (Romans 12:2).

Before:
 After:

It's amazing what some time, love, and truth can do through His Word, the Holy Spirit, and the saving grace of Jesus! Don't conform today. Be transformed!

No comments:

Post a Comment