Friday, March 25, 2011

Going to Rwanda!



Just in case you haven’t heard, I am going on a short-term mission trip to Rwanda in May. Rwanda is a country in Africa that has been ravaged by genocide and HIV/AIDS. I know many people are trepidatious about me going on this trip. I have prayerfully considered this opportunity for months though, and I firmly believe that God wants me to go. On May 18th, a team of approximately 20, under the leadership of Mike and Mary Wagner (http://hisgreatplan.com) of Huntsville, will leave for Kigali, Africa. We will then travel to the city of Gisenyi, in western Rwanda. Gisenyi borders Lake Kivu and is a sister-city to Goma in the Congo. We will return on May 29th.
I will be going with e3 Partners Ministry. This will be the fifth year that e3 Partners Ministry has teamed up with local churches in Rwanda. The people there are so desperate for the hope that only comes from Jesus Christ! God is using short-term mission teams to spread the gospel to thousands of people. The goal is to see people accept Christ, to make disciples, and to plant churches within walking distance for every man, woman, and child.
I definitely want to ask all of you to pray for me, the team leaders, and the entire May team. There is actually a team in Rwanda right now. Please pray for them, as well! I was blessed to receive an email from Mike Wagner this morning that said that over 1,500 professions of faith have been made in just a few days! Wow, God is good! I cannot wait to see what he has in store for May!
The cost for this trip is $3895. The money will cover travel, lodging, and food while in Africa. The funds also go toward travel insurance, tracts, ground transportation, materials, EvangeCubes, Bibles, and translators for each American.  Remaining funds will be left behind to continue supporting the movement and meet some of the needs of the mission sites. Basically, we aren’t just raising money for me to go or for e3 Partners. We are raising money for the country and mission sites where we work. We are making an investment in the people and church in that country for the kingdom of God! Last year these community impact funds enabled 75 orphan children to attend school!
If you would like to join me in this, please make your check payable to e3 Partners Ministry. Also, please put Bridget Kelley/RW11B on the “For” section of your check. You can also go to http://www.e3partners.org/bkrwanda to make a donation.  All donations are tax deductible! E3 Partners will send you a tax receipt. The total funds for this trip are due April 18th.
I will post more information about Rwanda and this trip in the upcoming weeks.

Below is a photo of a bench at a refugee camp in Rwanda. I love how personal it is. They didn't just carve that they love Jesus. They said "I Love My Jesus"! Amen!

2 comments:

  1. I am praying you will have all you need!!! Godspeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll praying for you!! I'm excited for you!! I'm not sure if Joy has told you but I'm going to Togo and Ghana, Africa in July. After we do our trips we need to get together and share our stories :)
    Brittany Rundt

    ReplyDelete