Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let the blogging begin!

Let the blogging begin! Our Huntsville crew met at the Huntsville airport on the evening of May 17th. Randy, Joy, and Mom took me to a nice final meal at Cheddars. I had some steak and shrimp, which was yummy. I was the first on the team (aside from Mike and Mary) to arrive at the airport. I was so incredibly nervous. I was so anxious. I kept telling myself that I had nothing to fear. Why on earth was I already so anxious? We were only flying to D.C. on this day anyway.

Anyway! After meeting the local gang, we all walked upstairs together (friends and family included). We gathered in a circle, held hands, and prayed together. I teared up with excitement and a little sadness about leaving loved ones behind. After saying our goodbyes we went through security and headed to our gate. We quickly figured out that our plane hadn't arrived though and was still in Washington D.C. due to weather! We were several hours late departing, but it was all good. It gave us those of us who hadn't really met before time to to chat, relax, bond, etc.

After our plane finally arrived, we had a safe trip to the Washington Dulles airport. We had to wait awhile on the bus to take us to the hotel and got in pretty late, but the hotel was nice. Kinsey was my roomie. She and I stayed up until almost 2 AM chatting and organizing everything for the next day. There was a lot of anticipation for what was to come! Breakfast the next morning was good; although, I think we were all ready to get going. We all got up on time, met those teammates from other states (like Stan and Jeri whom Kinsey and I met in the hallway), and made it on time to the airport to catch our next flight to Africa!


Amanda and I on our way to the Washington/Dulles airport with luggage all around us and on top of us!

The Ethiopian Airlines desk we waited at.
 Kinsey, Anna, Pam, Jeri, & Stan entertaining us while we were still at the Ethiopian Airlines desk waiting to check our luggage, etc.

More pictures & posts to come. They'll get better & better. I promise!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read more. I personally haven't blogged about the trip yet. You have definitely motivated me to get working on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are home safe. I pray you were super blessed on your trip. I will be looking for blogs and pictures. May call you to catch up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As for the promise of the blogs getting better,
    it was interesting to find out what you ate for
    your "last meal" anyway. Looking forward to more,
    glenda

    ReplyDelete