Monday, July 18, 2011

Will you go?


When it comes to missions, I've had some wonderful encouragement and support. There is no way I could have gone to Honduras or Rwanda without amazing sponsors and prayer warriors. Something has always bugged me though. People will say "it's great that you're doing that, but it's just not for me". They will tell me that they are not called. Well, I hate to be difficult, but I disagree. While I know we all can't go at the same time, I believe with my whole heart that we are all called to go to the nations and share the love and gospel of Jesus Christ.

In case you haven't noticed, The Great Commission is in red letters. That means Jesus said it. If He said it, I'm pretty sure it's true and if He said it, I'm pretty sure He meant it (I'm not just pretty sure - I'm absolutely certain). Matthew 28:18-20 says, "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen".

God has commanded each and every one of us to go to the nations. The words of Jesus were not meant to be optional. He doesn't just call some of us. He didn't say only you and you may go. He didn't give a list of requirements or specifications for those going to the nations. He simply said go, and He spoke it to every single person on the face of the earth. We're all called. We're all unworthy, but we are all called.

I don't say any of this to belittle the roles of anyone here at home. Those roles are extremely important, as well. There is so much to be done here in the U.S. too. There are so many needs... Still, I believe God requires more of us. He tells us all to go. My question to you today is this:

 Will you go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment