Thursday, March 3, 2011

An Everlasting Love

My mind has been on love a lot lately. I see so many people around me (myself included) looking for love, struggling in current relationships, living in miserable marriages, and just simply seeking every day for someone to really love them like they yearn to be loved.
I can’t help but think about how so many times we rush into relationships. We become completely enamored and consumed. Oftentimes, we completely lose ourselves. We take our eyes off everything and everyone except for that person we are so desperately seeking; that includes us taking our eyes off of God. Sometimes we lose track of their hopes and dreams. Other times we throw out our morals, which ALWAYS create other problems.
I find myself daily seeking the mate that God prepared for me. I constantly have to remind myself that even if I find that person, they won’t be perfect. Their love may be one of the greatest things I’ll ever experience on this earth; still, their love will never compare to the Love God has for me… the love He has for you.
Jeremiah 31:3 says, “Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee”. God’s love is everlasting (eternal). It doesn’t wax and wane like the love of man. It is pure and steadfast. God and His love are always reliable and will never fail you. True peace and contentment can only found in His love and His ways; not in the ways and affections of man.

1 comment: