Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy Day

It is almost 9:30 PM. I just got in bed. It has been a nice day. A busy day, but a good one. We had our Christmas meal at work today. It was good to have that before leaving. It is funny that I sort of had last meals before going out of the country. I had one with Randy, Joy, Andy, Shay, & Jake on Friday night. I had lunch with mom and John Sunday after church. Today, was a meal with my sweet co-workers.

I got lots of hugs and encouragement today. I also got a donation of over 1,000 toothbrushes and 1,000 tubes of toothpaste for Honduras. Thanks, Jessica! On a different note, I only made a few people cry today. The best one was Shay! She is having some serious withdrawal issues, and it just cracks me up. : ) Everyone has been so sweet though. I am very appreciative.

Now I just wait... I have my alarm set for 2AM. Randy, Joy, and I need to leave the house at 3. We will then go pick up mom in Albertville. The goal is to be at the airport by 4:30 AM. You are supposed to be there 2 hours ahead of time for international flights. Bless their hearts. I can't believe the three of them are getting up so early to go to the airport with me. I think they are crazier than I am!

Speaking of crazy, I got to speak to Gracie, Shari, and Kristian on the phone this evening. I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow! I don't know what the next two weeks holds, but I am anxious to see whatever it is that God wants me to see. I know He has big plans.

I am going to try to go to bed now. For those of you who don't already know, my cell phone will not work in Honduras. I will not be able to receive any calls or texts. I will be periodically checking facebook, the blog, and my email. Feel free to comment on any of that stuff, just not the phone. As a side note, please don't panic if I don't post something every day. We will be extremely busy. I will get online every chance I get though. Please pray for that I have a safe trip. Also, please pray that I don't get sick! I've had a lot of stomach issues this year, the gallbladder surgery, etc. I want to stay healthy, so I can do as much as possible while I'm there.

Did I mention that I can't wait to see what God has in store? I am sooooo excited! I hope everyone has a blessed week! The next time you read a post, it will be from Honduras!

4 comments:

  1. Bridget, I so admire your willing to act on God's call in your life! You will be in my prayers during your trip. I look forward to following your blog!
    Have a safe trip!
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridget, be safe, be sweet especially to your Mom and please learn to let go and cry a little. Emotion is a wonderful thing and it would do my heart good if these kids made you cry. God loves you, I love you and we want you back safe so be careful. But have a great time, it is an experience of a lifetime but not the last only the beginning of what God has planned for your life. "I will go because my life is not my own. I will go, I will go, I will go."
    John Adkins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridget we are here and set for your arrival. For those following the blog Iwill be posting on our facebookpage every day so if bridet doesnt get a chance you can at least see there.
    gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!!!!I'm so excited for you!!!! Love you, Donna

    ReplyDelete