Monday, December 13, 2010

How on earth did I get to this place?

The other day I was thinking about how on earth I got to this place. How did I manage these outrageous plans to go to a third-world country? I always get myself into the weirdest situations! I certainly know that it wasn’t my idea to go to Honduras. I realize that it may not make a lot of sense, but this really wasn’t my decision.

As I pondered everything that has led me to this point, I thought back to my Emmaus Walk in 2007. That’s really when all of this started.  A lot of things were out of place in my life. I simply wasn’t where God needed me to be. I earnestly sought His will. I got back in church. I’ve prayed for so many things: for God to bring me a Godly husband, for Him to show me what career He could use me in, for him to lead me where He would have me to go, and for me to do whatever He would have me to do, no matter what it was/is. Those are just the basics and only a few of my continual prayers.

God definitely heard my prayers. It took years for things to line up (mainly for him to straighten me out), but the time has come. He is sending me to a foreign land, and I couldn’t be more thankful. I am humbled that God would use me to be His hands and feet. I have such a peaceful feeling about this trip. I know a lot of you are worried about my safety. I am fully trusting in Christ. I just found an awesome verse. I don’t think it could be more perfect for this occasion. 2 Samuel 22:3 says, “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence” (KJV). IF something were to happen to me, I know that it would be God’s will and that He could use it for good. No matter what, I am prepared and thankful for this amazing opportunity. I sincerely believe that He will shield me, keep me safe, and that I will return a changed person though.

I have been unbelievably humbled and blessed by so many people. I would list names, but I would feel terrible if I forgot someone. My co-workers have been amazing. So many donated gifts made donations. My friends in Athens have been just as supportive. My church family has been amazing. Just yesterday, the youth group gave me a donation. They did a live nativity a couple of weeks ago. They received money for their time and hard work. Instead of keeping the money for things for them, they decided to put it toward this trip to Honduras. I was in shock when I saw and heard them say it. Later on, when I was alone, I was humbled to the point of tears.

For so many people to give so much to help me and the people of Honduras is an amazing blessing. For so many people, even people who don’t know me, to help and pray for me is indescribable. I can feel your love. I can feel your prayers. They are giving me peace and strength that I’ve never felt. My normal anxieties are practically non-existent. Thank you all so much for your support. You are all giving me more than I could ever repay. Your thoughts, prayers, and gifts… your outpouring of love… of God’s love… I don’t know how to say it. His love is amazing, unconditional, and perfect. His love shining through so many of you… I don’t have a word for it. It makes my heart smile. It brings joy to my soul. Thank you all for letting God use you. You have blessed me more than you could possibly imagine! I cannot wait to get to Honduras and let you see the pictures of faces that you are touching there too! May God bless you all!

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't how "on earth", it was "heavenly" orchestrated. :-)
    I will be praying continually.

    Love ya,
    G.

    ReplyDelete