Friday, December 10, 2010

I want to, but...

Over the past few weeks I've had people come up to me and talk about this trip to Honduras. Several people mentioned how they would love to go on a mission trip like the one God is preparing me for. Every time I heard that, it was followed by the word "but". I want to go, BUT I'm not healthy enough. I want to go, BUT I'm too old. I want to do this or that, BUT!

Over the summer and early fall when I felt God speaking to me about foreign missions, I kept saying BUT. But, I am in school. But, I work full time. But, I don't have the money. But, I don't know anybody. But, where on earth would I go? But, why me? The list goes on and on. I didn't understand a lot of things. The first was that I didn't understand how God could use me. Even if He could, how would I get to some foreign country. Let me just tell you something, that I am learning. If God calls you to do something, you can do it. If you are called to go anywhere in the world, God can and will provide a way. He is doing it for me and He can do it for you.

If you are still wondering if God can use you, keep reading. Shari Gaston is a dear lady who lives in Ohio. Eleven years ago, Shari went for her first motorcycle ride. She was the passenger. A truck pulled out in front of their motorcycle. Shari was flown into the air at 95 miles per hour. Shari lost so much blood that she suffered a stroke. She was paralyzed on the left side of her body. The accident and stroke caused her to also be partially blind in both of her eyes. The reason Shari lost so much blood is because her right leg was gone.

Now, at the age of 65, and with a prosthetic leg, Shari is in La Ermita, Honduras for her second mission trip. She hasn't let anything stand in the way of what God has called her to do, and neither should you. Below are some photos of Shari. I have spoken to her on facebook several times. We have spoken on the phone only twice. The very first time, we spoke over 3 hours! lol, let me rephrase that! She told me about her incredible life, and I listened. That night, Shari inspired me with her stories and strength. I hope somehow this small bit of info about her and seeing her photos will now inspire you.
Remember, YOU can do ALL things through Christ (Philippians 4:13). He makes the impossible possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment