Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I have arrived!

Today began at 2AM. My cold flight left on time. Atlanta was cold. So cold in fact that the hoses for putting water on the plane (for bathrooms) was frozen. My flight from Atlanta left late. I was extremely warm on that flight. I arrived late to Honduras only to find that Delta misplaced my bags. Nonetheless, it's been a good day.

Honduras looks different from anywhere I've ever seen or been. The trees, mountains, and colors are beautiful. Life here seems to be so much more simple than at home. Not everyone has cars, so a lot of people walk, ride horses, donkeys, etc. The houses are insanely different from what so many of us are used to in the U.S.

I've reaally enjoyed the day with Gracie and Kristian. Once we arrived at the mission, Lee and Cindy came out to greet us. Cindy is so precious. Karla was inside holding the baby. Shari was sitting inside at the table. Dinner was being prepared. Gracie and I didn't eat dinner because we had a late lunch at Mcdonalds. Anyway, it's time to  get in bed. We have to get up at 5AM. We have a two and a half our drive into the mountains for our first christmas event tomorrow. Mas tardes!

4 comments:

  1. Are you a morning person?!?! Those early hours make me tired.
    How awesome that you have done so much already.
    Thanks for sharing what God is doing.

    Emmaus Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're thankful you arrived safely. Hopefully your luggage will catch up with you. Love you!
    Randy & Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a safe, even if eventful, trip. Your bags will get there, eventually. Enjoy what you are doing. Love you, Grandpa Jack and Judie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I am not a morning person! I could sleep every day until noon if you let me! Thank you for your comments R & J and J & J. I had a great time!

    ReplyDelete