Friday, January 7, 2011

During the event at San Ignacio...

So... You may have noticed that I was only in one picture at San Ignacio. During the event at San Ignacio, I began feeling very weak. Soon I started sweating. Before long, I felt like I was going to be sick and headed outside. I didn't make it outside before throwing up. Shortly after that, the diarrhea began. I tried to rest and get well that afternoon and evening. Santos brought me all kinds of concoctions to help; coke and lemon, sprite, Gatorade, a hot bottle of water to place on my stomach, etc. Nothing worked. Thankfully, later that evening, Gracie took me to the doctor where she and the doctors took excellent care of me. The doctors stayed by my side the entire time I was in the clinic. Of course, Gracie was right there too. Bless her heart, she didn't get to eat dinner until almost 11PM that evening. I was and still am so appreciative!

Below is a receipt from the clinic where I received the iv, meds, prescriptions, etc. It looks a little different than what we're used to. I thought it was pretty cool though.



I just did a currency conversion. 1,829 lempiras is around $97.00. That covered all of the meds, doctors fees, etc. The following day poor Gracie had to take a sample to the clinic for tests. The total for the test (which only took 20 minutes to do right then and there) was 70 lempiras, which is $3.70. So overall, all of the medical bills were only $100.00. Think about that... If you go to the emergency room or a clinic here you it costs hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars. Then you have to pay more for your prescriptions. If you have to have further test run, you have to wait days for them to be scheduled and then several more days to get the results. Not in Honduras. I had awesome doctors and quick results.

No comments:

Post a Comment