Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Jalteva: Part II

Going to Jalteva was a lot of fun for me. When it was time to hand out gifts, Gracie called me up front. She wanted me to hand out the t-shirts that Mitchell Grocery donated. I was more than happy to do so. I was blessed to hand each boy at the boys home a t-shirt. I got lots of hugs and smiles. I think the boys were overwhelmed by the gifts and the attention. After each boy received a t-shirt, we still had plenty of shirts left. After a brief conversation, it was announced that each person there would receive a t-shirt. I wish you all could have heard the applause and hollering. I don't know how to describe it. You would have thought that some of them had won the lottery. It was awesome.

You will notice that there aren't any pictures with many handing out the shirts to the boys. That is because things moved quickly. Shari was snapping pictures of Gracie handing each boy their hats and gift bags. Due to mobility problems from Shari's accident, she couldn't turn and then take a picture with me and the boys. After Gracie was done handing out the hats, she was able to turn and take pictures of me giving out the t-shirts to the Jalteva staff. The majority of them put their shirts on immediately. It was pretty cute.

After three events in one day, we were all exhausted.

I just want to say a special thank you to my friends at Mitchell Grocery. You were all among the first to hear that I was going to Honduras. Your support helped me to make this incredible journey. Thank you for your encouragement, monetary donations, gifts for the kids, support, and prayers. The remaining MGC picnic t-shirts were also such a blessing to the people of Honduras; especially at Jalteva boys home. Thank you all for being willing to help! I will be forever grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe the first step to Mitchell Grocery being an international company!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have to ask the owners about that, hun!

    ReplyDelete